Thursday, March 25, 2021

Pocket Card Perfection Blog Hop

Welcome to our  Pocket Card Perfection Blog Hop! I hope you will hop along with us and check out all of the amazing artwork created using the special products in the Pocket Card Perfection special.  These products are available only until the end of March.  Check out all the other Pocket Card Collections we also carry HERE.

 If you arrived here from Lauren's Blog, then you are in the right spot.  The blog hop is a big circle, so you can start here and work your way around.  If you get lost along the way, Melinda's Blog has a complete list of all the participating consultants.  

 There are about 11 Close To My Heart Makers/Consultants sharing their creations using Pocket Cards/PML/Picture My Life Cards and other great CTMH products on their blogs. 

I did a Facebook Live this morning showing both sides of all the cards in the Pocket Card Perfection special (Party Time & Lovely) if you want to see it go HERE.

I decided to create a layout using the Party Time PML cards and a few photos from almost 11 years ago of my son's Birthday.    I used Pattern 4 from the Make it from you Heart Vol. 3 book to create this layout. 


Right now we have the Cardstock Carnival also happening so I decided to mostly pair the Party Time PML cards with some of our cardstock and show off the white core of our cardstock.  If you want to see a video of how I did this you can go HERE.  I used Nectarine cardstock with an older CTMH embossing folder that is almost like the Cascading Dots embossing folder.  The 1/2" strip is Charcoal cardstock and I used scissors to edge distress the edges. I used Green Apple for the base, Sapphire for the mat and used a scoring tool on them for the lines.  I brought out the white core by sanding them.


I had to run the paper through 2 times in the embossing folder to do the full 12" strip.  I love that our embossing folders have a slit at the top so you can just slid it through.  Here you can see what it looked like before & after sanding it.  Which effect do you like better sanded or not sanded?


I just got some of the Copper Ore paper and WOW.  I love it, just an 1/8" strip has such impact.  I will be using this lots.


I love the scored journaling lines, such a fun look. If I need more I can add a few more.


I fussy cut along the scallop of this card to create this part of the title element.  I did the stamping on White Daisy cardstock with Nectarine ink and inked the edges with Sapphire ink. The stamp set I used was the Pennant Banner Alphabet.  I added the nd with a Black 0.05 Journaling Pen.  The striped paper is from the Party Time Paper Package.

 

I just love how this turned out, I was able to personalize this PML card.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and I would love to hear what you think of it.

Now "Hop" on over to Pam's Blog to see what she has created! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the Pocket Card Perfection & Cardstock Carnival specials are only available until the 31st!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can purchase these products!  If you are in Canada and don't have a consultant I would be happy to help you.

Blessings,  Kim

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, Kim. Great technique with sanding the embossed paper and in created the 'panes' on the sapphire cs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout and I love the sanded dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love how you used the PML Cards but absolutely love how you used cascading dot embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete