Monday, March 15, 2021

"Altered Wooden Shapes" CTMH Technique Blog Hop


 Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  
This month there are about 11 of us highlighting the “Altered Wooden Shapes” Technique!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  

If you get lost along the way Melissa has a complete list of the hop participants.

If you are coming from Katy's Blog, you are on the right track! 

I created this cute card using a few different techniques to alter the wooden hearts.



The first technique I did was ink the medium heart with Peeled Paint distress oxide ink, I just rubbed it across the ink pad.  

The second technique was to ink the small heart using the ink blending tool and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink, then using the Peeled Paint ink I stamped a floral image on the heart which you can see faintly.

Then I backed the open heart with a piece of cardstock and filled it with liquid glass and white beads.  After it was dry I trimmed it from the cardstock and brushed the top of the heart with my Black shimmer brush.  There are a few areas that are still brown as those spots had a little liquid glass on them and it acted as a resist to the shimmer brush.

The stamping was all done using the March Stamp of the Month - Winged Masterpiece and Intense Black ink.  The colouring was done with the Coral, Green Turquoise, Light Yellow and the Green Citrine Metallic Marker.

It is the Cardstock Carnival this month so I wanted to feature some of our beautiful 2-toned cardstock.  I used Sage, Peach and Mint, this colour combo I found in the Love of Color Vol 1 book.


Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto Tamara's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

Blessings, Kim

8 comments:

  1. Love it! That shaker heart on the body is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love all the techniques you used. (My favorite is actually how prettily you colored the butterfly, although the beads inside the heart are a close second!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beaded butterfly is such a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the beaded heart on the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the heart on the center of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...who would've thought to add a heart on her body AND fill it with bitty beads! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! Yes, the bead-filled heart, on the body...a perfect touch! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete