Saturday, January 15, 2022

Technique Hop - "Let's Get Geometrical"

 Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  

This month there are about 13 of us highlighting the “Let's Get Geometrical” Techniques!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  

If you get lost along the way Melissa has a complete list of the hop participants.

If you are coming from Cat's Blog, you are on the right track! 

Today, I have a scrapbook layout to share with you. It is my take on a pattern from the Make It From Your Heart Vol.5.  

 I decided dive into my scraps and to incorporate a few different geometrical shapes into my project.  Can you spot them?  

Do you recognize any of the people in this layout?  These photos are over 20 years old.  LOL.


I cut 1/2" x 1.5" strips of Sawyer Paper & the coordinating colours of cardstock.  I inked the edges of all of them with my Harbour ink pad.



I used my Grape ink pad and a plastic bag to smoosh ink on the background.  The flowers are cut using the Layered Flowers Thin Cut set.


How many shapes have you found yet?  There are more circles hidden on the photo mats as I embossed them with the Kaleidoscope embossing folder and then ran my Grape ink pad over the white paper.


I love this layered title that was cut using the Sawyer Digital Art Collection.  It was so easy to put together.


Of course I had to break out the clear shimmer brush and add it to the title & the centers of the flowers.

We got squares, triangles, rectangles and circles all in this layout.  

I still need to add the journaling to this special layout but it is so nice to have this memory from so long ago documented.  I am so blessed to have known and been friends with these 2 sisters for over 30 years now.  


Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto Haley's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!  If are in Canada and don't have a Maker, I would love to help you.  

Blessings, Kim

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love what you've done with this layout! I can't wait to play with the Kaleidoscope embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I noticed that it must be sold out when I was typing up my post. I love this embossing folder and have used it lots.

      Delete
  2. Love this layout, the subject (I mean c'mon...who doesn't layouts about FRIENDS), the flowers, the ink behind the flowers...love it all, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katy. It was fun to create and 1 of those special ladies in these photos is also a Maker :) so of course it had to be a special layout.

      Delete
  3. I just watched Karen create this layout on the CTMH YouTube channel - I love the additions you done to yours. Loved how you used the Kaleidoscope embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is about my 3rd time using this sketch, I think it is my favourite in Vol. 5. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I love your interpretation of this pattern! Color choices, flowers, etc you really nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used up a bunch of the scraps that were sitting on my desk for it which was a win too. Only cut into a new piece of white daisy. I will be posting a process video in the next few days on YouTube.

      Delete
  5. I really LOVE this layout! The flowers are fantastic, the whole thing is! I love the rectangles going between the triangles! Just makes then all pop! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Layout! Love everything, amazing flowers, colors and so many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout!I love the large triangles and all the colors you brought in.

    ReplyDelete