Wednesday, April 15, 2020

"Heat It Up" CTMH Technique Blog Hop



Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  
This month there are about 14 of us highlighting the “Heat It Up” Technique!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  

If you get lost along the way Melissa has a complete list of hop.

If you are coming from Darlys Blog, you are on the right track! 

I have 1 project that I created using this technique.  I hope you enjoy it. 

I have created a card using a few heat embossing techniques on it.
Here is the card.  I swiped the edge of the white cardstock with my Versamark and then used Gold embossing
powder.  I love to do this technique on photos and on the edge of layouts.  It is a fun one.
I embossed the sentiment in Clear Embossing Powder and then used my watercolor paints to add a wash to make it pop.
I recommend wiping the embossed area with a tissue afterwards.  This is a cool resist technique.

I used clear embossing on the Pixie and Thistle paper, love this look too.
The other strip of Thistle paper I drew around with the embossing brush tip pen and then used the Gold embossing powder.
The strip with Carolina hearts I added clear embossing powder but I wasn't fast enough so it only picked up on a few spots.
You can emboss using our regular inks but you have to act very fast.  Don't try to do the whole strip at once like I did.
I was in a hurry to get it done so that I could get this posted.

The supplies I used are:
Stamp set:  Let's Stay Home
Inks:  Versamark, Carolina
Paper:  White Daisy, Pixie, Thistle
Embossing powders:  Gold, Clear
Other:  Gold shimmer trim, Embossing Ink Pens, Heat Tool

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Haley's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

6 comments:

  1. I never thought to do the edge like that, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - the colours over the embossing are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool look with the embossed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun ways to use embossing powder! I totally forgot about swiping the edges! I'll need to do that in an upcoming project 😉 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete