Thursday, April 15, 2021

"Dazzling Dimension" CTMH Technique Blog Hop

 



 Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  
This month there are about 12 of us highlighting the “Dazzling Dimension” Techniques!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  

If you get lost along the way Melissa has a complete list of the hop participants.

If you are coming from Katy's Blog, you are on the right track! 

Today, is the 3rd day that the temperature has been above 0C and it is melting like crazy outside.  Spring has finally started to happen up here in the Northwest Territories of  Canada. 

I decided I wanted to create a layout using Pattern 1 of the new Vol. 5 Make it from Your Heart how do book.  This pattern has paper weaving which is a fun way to add dimension.  I went into my old photos to find a photo to use and found this fantastic photo of me from 20 years ago.  I can remember that spring day and some of the emotions I was feeling.  Remember, it is never too late to tell your story.


I tried to create dimension in a variety of ways.  I love the paper weaving and the off set photo mats.

I love the dimension water colouring the flowers with the ink pads, adding clear shimmer brush and Diamond stickles adds to them.  For added dimension I popped them up with foam tape.

Doing the part of the title popped up on foam tape with the edges inked is another way to add dimension to a project.  I also blended some Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink behind the title.

Using an embossing folder, inking the edges of photo mats, layering photo mats and using foam tape are other ways to add dimension.

Stamping along the outside of a photo mat.


Supplies Used: 
- Cherry Blossoms stamp set
- Peacock Cardstock
- Smoothie Cardstock
Peach Cardstock
- Almond Cardstock
Smoothie ink
- Peacock ink
- Espresso ink
Diamond Stickles
The Stamptacular sale is happening until the end of April.


Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto Maz's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!  If are in Canada and don't have a Maker, I would love to help you.  

Blessings, Kim

15 comments:

  1. It is definitely never too late to tell your story! And if you don't tell it, who will? Great layout! I HAVE to get the new MFYH Vol. 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, if we don't tell it who will. Thanks. This was the first thing I created with the new MFYH Vol. 5 and I love it.

      Delete
  2. Great layout! I love that you are sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is such an important thing to do, and not just the surface details but the deep things. I want my kids & future grandkids to really know me.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE it! The paper weaving is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love the paper weaving and need to do it more. I saved the scraps to do a card with them.

      Delete
  4. So many techniques on one layout; great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes there are just a few techniques. LOL

      Delete
  5. Fabulous layout, I love spring too! I love how you did the title and adding dimension with the paper weaving, so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there is just something about spring and the new life it brings. I am loving the paper weaving.

      Delete
  6. Super fun technique you incorporated! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stamped photo mat border- it's such a great technique that I always forget about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun layout and I love all the details you shared!

    ReplyDelete