Thursday, May 20, 2021

Canadian Blog Hop - May/June Catalog

 We are so glad to have you join us today for the Canadian Blog Hop. Today we are featuring the new products that you can find in the the May/June Catalog. You can view this catalog here.


This is a circular hop so you can make your way around. You should have arrived here from Colleen's Blog. If you get lost along the way or would like to start at the beginning you can find the list on Michelle's Blog.

I decided to create with the new Glad You're a Grad stamp set as I needed to create grad cards for the graduates from our church.


We have 4 grads this year from 2 high schools.  So, I decided to create cards using the school colours.
I finished the cards for the 1 school and here they are.


I distress ripped the strips of Sapphire & Canary cardstock using my embossing stylus & paper trimmer track.  I did a video today showing how to do this HERE.  This was a technique that I learned at album retreat  (there are still a few album retreat bundles available) this past week and it is such a fun way to add texture to a layout or card.


I stamped the graduates with Intense Black ink on White Daisy cardstock and matted it with Black.  I coloured the images with Bluebird & Sapphire shimmer brush, Citrus, Fair Skin, Ice Grey & True Black markers.  I embellished this card with the clear sparkles.


I also added some Onyx Pearls & Diamond Stickles.  I love the look of the doodled line added with the journaling pen.  Sentiments stamped in Sapphire ink.

I hope you enjoyed these cards and I would love to hear what you think of them.

Next up on the Blog Hop is Sabrina's Blog, so head on over and check out what she has created.

Thanks for joining us today and I hope you can join us again on July 20th for the next Canadian Blog Hop.

If you don't have a Maker, I would be more than happy to help you with all your scrappy needs.
Blessings, Kim

8 comments:

  1. Love this card and love that technique!!! So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a technique that I will be using a lot more often.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous grad cards, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards and thanks for the little tutorial! I’m definitely going to try that tearing technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with this technique. Thank you and you are welcome.

      Delete
  4. Love your grad cards. Soo nice. Luv the ripped look on the strips. Congratulations on your grads!

    ReplyDelete