Thursday, May 27, 2021

Slimline Card Blog Hop

 Welcome to our Slimline Card Blog Hop! 

Have you tried making a slimline card?  If you haven't I hope you will be inspired to try creating some after you check out all of the amazing cards we have created for this blog hop.


 If you arrived here from Brandi R - crzy4scrapbooking, then you are in the right spot.  The blog hop is a big circle, so you can start here and work your way around.  If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt - If You Bling It has a complete list of all the participating consultants.  

 There are about 13 Close To My Heart Makers/Consultants sharing their slimline card creations during this blog hop.

To start my creative process I pulled out a bunch of my newer stamp sets that I hadn't really played with yet.   I also grabbed the Hillside Cottage paper collection and some slimline card bases.  Then I started playing around, here are the cards I came up with for today.


These slimline cards measure 3.5" x 8.5", I used the Slimline card bases.  The paper is from the Hillside Cottage collection and measures 3.5" x 8.5", I inked the edges of it with my Blue Belle ink pad.  The flowers & leaves are from the Mothers Are the Best stamp set (this set is only available until May 31st.), I stamped the bases of these flowers in 1st & 2nd generation Blue Belle and Desert Rose ink.  The outline of the flowers was done in Blue Belle and Sapphire ink.  The base of the leaves are Avocado and the outline is New England Ivy ink.  I stamped them on White Daisy and then fussy cut them out.  I added clear shimmer brush to the flowers, which doesn't show in the photos and I added a clear sparkle to the center of each of the flowers.


I used the Scalloped Circle thin cut and then stamped the sentiments with Intense Black ink.  The sentiments are both from the Friendship is a Blessing stamp set.  (It retires on May 31st as well.)  I just love this set.

I hope you enjoyed these cards and I would love to hear what you think of them.

Now "Hop" on over to see what Miss. Carrie has created! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can purchase these products!  If you are in Canada and don't have a consultant I would be happy to help you.

Blessings,  Kim


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the cascade of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I love the flowers and how the flow the entire front of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is pretty! I love those flowers as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Great layout, Gorgeous flowers and I love the scalloped circle/sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never noticed how beautiful those sentiments are- what wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the trail of flowers! I totally need to try this!

    ReplyDelete